Article 21 Disqualifications for appointment and continuation as Chairperson and Members of Board
- A person shall be disqualified for being appointed and continued as the Chairperson or a Member, if she—
- (a) has been adjudged as an insolvent;
- (b) has been convicted of an offence, which in the opinion of the Central Government, involves moral turpitude;
- (c) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as a Member;
- (d) has acquired such financial or other interest, as is likely to affect prejudicially her functions as a Member; or
- (e) has so abused her position as to render her continuance in office prejudicial to the public interest.
- The Chairperson or Member shall not be removed from her office by the Central Government unless she has been given an opportunity of being heard in the matter.